After competing at the 2017 World Cup in Germany, Brianne Thompson and Niklas Daniel of AXIS Flight School attended the Mountain Gravity event to fly their parachutes in the Swiss Alps. Jumping out of the legendary Pink Skyvan, participants came from all over the world to take in the fantastic scenery at the Ambri Airport, which is situated in the steep sided alpine valley of the Ticino river.
Over the course of three days, Nik and Brianne did several jumps swooping down the mountain, doing some MFS, and canopy flocking.
There are two major routes down the mountain: The tree-line (left), or the canyon (right).
Don’t forget to check out the Mountain Gravity Vimeo channel.
Created for competitors by competitors, the AXIS Flight School draw generator is already being utilized by the world’s top competitors and coaches. It is free to use by anyone, no sign up required, and has proven to be a great tool for competitors who wish to create a quick random draw for training purposes, or to visualize.
With competition teams and their coaches in mind, AXIS Flight School has taken the draw generator one step further. In addition to creating randomly generated competition draws for FS, VFS, MFS, XF, and CF*, coaches can now utilize the new «Training Camp» feature. This feature functions like a digital white board and lets coaches create a series of rounds from scratch, using any formation in any combination and as often as they need for a specific training purpose. Manually generated draws, like random competition draws, can be saved as PDF and sent out to team mates or students, for them to prepare for or to visualize.
Draw Generator 3.5 is mobile friendly and can be accessed at http://drawgenerator.axis.tools/.
Other features include:
– Updated formation images for all freefall, tunnel, and canopy disciplines.
– Easy access to the current competition rules and images.
– FAI:IPC / USPA, IBA, NSL, CISM, USPA** collegiate disciplines which require a random draw generator (sky and tunnel).
– Selecting different skill levels (e.g. open, advanced, etc.; when available).
– Selecting different tunnel sizes (12, 14, or 16 feet; where applicable).
– Saving any draw as PDFs (a detailed and a summary version are available).
* FS = Formation Skydiving, VFS = Vertical Formation Skydiving, MFS = Mixed Formation Skydiving, XF = Cross Formation Skydiving (Canopy and Wingsuit; by AXIS), CF = Canopy Formation
** FAI:IPC = International Parachuting Commission of the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale, USPA = United States Parachute Association, IBA = International Bodyflight Association, NSL = National Skydiving League, CISM = Conseil International du Sport Militaire
Mike Hall jumps with the American flag while the sun begins to set at Skydive Arizona in Eloy.